Experience the Many Faces of India
Journey to India, the birth place of yoga. Mesmerizing. Bold. Profoundly spiritual. Steeped in tradition. Our unique, custom journey will lead us into the heart of the cultural, spiritual and scenic diversity that is North India. Join us on our quest to see, feel, hear, taste and deeply experience the interwoven layers of India’s rich culture and history. Experience the richness of India’s many faces by visiting some of the holiest sites for Hindus, Yogis, Sikhs and Buddhists. Our private travel host will expertly guide us to the highlights of North India where we will experience festivals and ceremonies, spiritual places and practices, spectacular sites old and new, city life and nature. Both yogis and non-yogis will find themselves at home with us on this trip.
A yoga and cultural retreat to dazzle the senses and fill the soul.
Sat–Sat, March 7-21, 2020
$3995 P/P Double (price reflects 4% discount for check or cash)
$850 single supplement for entire trip
$650 non-refundable deposit will secure your reservation (enjoy a $25 discount for check or cash)
Trip balance is due by November 1, 2019.
• 12 nights at 4-5 star spectacular accommodations including 3 nights at Aloha on Ganges
• Holi Festival Celebration in Delhi
• Taj Mahal and Agra Fort
• Golden Temple
• Dharamshala, home to the Dalai Lama in exile
• Aarti Ceremony on the Ganges River in Rishkesh
• Neer Gaddu Waterfall
• Flag ceremony at Wagha India/Pakistan border
• Parmarth Niketan Ashram
• Legendary Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Ashram
• Salaam Baalak Trust “Walk the Street Life of Delhi” — tour led by former street children
MARCH 8 Arrive in Delhi for a traditional warm Indian welcome and private transfer to our hotel.
MARCH 9 We lace up our shoes to “Walk the Street Life of [Old] Delhi” with former street children. We will enjoy lunch and a tour of New Delhi by rickshaw.
MARCH 10 Morning yoga prepares us for the colorful Holi Festival Celebration in Delhi. This ancient Hindu festival celebrates the coming of spring.
MARCH 11 Train ride to/from Agra for a private tour of the majestic Taj Mahal and famed Agra fort.
MARCH 12 Travel to Haridwar and continue on to Rishikesh, the spiritual home of yoga. Our visit includes an evening Aarti ceremony, a tradition of sound, flame and color, on the banks of the Ganges River where the sadhus [holy men] gather.
MARCH 13 Visit 2 ashrams: Parmarth Niketan Ashram, the largest in Rishikesh known for its ornate gardens, and the overgrown ruins of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Ashram, known as the place where The Beatles wrote the White Album.
MARCH 14 Morning yoga warms us up for a spectacular hike to Neer Gaddu Waterfall.
MARCH 15 Yoga at our beautiful hotel and half day in Rishikesh before boarding the train to Delhi.
MARCH 16 Visit Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, one of the holiest Sikh houses of worship in Delhi. Take evening express train to Amritsar to rest up for a full day.
MARCH 17 Our first stop takes us to the Golden Temple, aglow in the morning light, and to Jallianwala Bagh, the national memorial in Amritsar commemorating the British massacre of 1919. As the sun sets, we will witness the pageantry of the lowering-of-the-flags ceremony along the Wagha Border between India and Pakistan.
MARCH 18 Early morning departure for a scenic drive to Dharamshala, home to the 14th Dalai Lama in exile. View the snow-capped peaks of the Dhauladhar mountains known for their spectacular beauty. Our visit includes an afternoon tour of the heart of Tibetan Buddhism.
MARCH 19 After our morning yoga, we take to the hills with a boxed lunch and hot chai. The famed Triund Mountain trek is a 3-hour hike through forests of oak and rhododendron with scenic views of the Dhauladhar mountains and the Kangra valley.
MARCH 20 We enjoy a relaxing morning before flying to Delhi for a visit to Lodhi Gardens and our farewell dinner.
Inclusions and Preparation
- Accommodations for 12 nights in 4-5 star hotels
- Ground transport to /from airport
- Internal transport by private air-conditioned coach, air-conditioned train, one-way flight Dharamshala/Delhi
- Private English-speaking guide and yoga instructor for duration of trip + local guides in each city
- Entrance fees to sites and monuments on itinerary
- Daily breakfast + 4 lunches + farewell dinner
- Applicable government taxes + parking fees
- International airfare, taxes, trip insurance (recommended)
- Meals not specified on itinerary
- Gratuities (it is customary to tip hotel staff, tour guide, restaurant staff and drivers)
- Any activities outside of those included in the trip itinerary
- Health coverage
- All treatments, purchases, phone calls, laundry and other incidentals of a personal nature
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of return from your trip
- Documentation must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to departure
- Any cancellation made before November 1, 2019 will result in loss of initial deposit
- Any cancellation made after November 1, 2019 will result in loss of full trip cost
- For more information and travel documents, contact Sarah Reuter of Elevate Travel Co.:
In Partnership with Elevate Travel Co.
Elevate Travel Company is dedicated to creating and executing group travel and engaging experiences. Founded on the belief that we have the opportunity to dream BIG every single day, founder and CEO Sarah Reuter is a savvy world traveler working with a team of experts to elevate travel to experiences that inspire, inform and fulfill.