Yoga Teacher Training
200 and 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training options are available in 2013.
Peace through Yoga 200 Hour Teacher Training ”A Journey For the Body, Mind and Soul…”
Our training is a comprehensive introduction to the heart and science of yoga, exceeding the requirements of the national accreditor, Yoga Alliance. Our 200-hour program prepares students to be transformational yoga teachers that embody authenticity, passion, and integrity trusting the process and holding sacred space. Graduates will possess a foundation to teach with clarity and confidence, as well as deepening their own yoga and spiritual practice.
Our students learn:
- The Anatomy of Yoga – How to use the Bio-mechanics, alignment and anatomy of over 40 poses to create dynamic and creative classes for a wide range of student needs
- The Voice of Yoga – How to cue students into postures safely and effectively
- The Touch of Yoga – How to offer helpful hands on adjustments for kinesthetic learners
- The Philosophy of Yoga – How to incorporate yogic philosophy into your life and share it in your classes
- The Business of Yoga – How to effectively market yourself as a successful and sought after yoga instructor
- The Language of Yoga – How to use the Sanskrit names of the postures, and the Latin names of the muscles that create those postures
- The Facilitation of Yoga – How to create sacred space, claim authority, and build meaningful and appropriate relationships with students
- The Subtle Anatomy of Yoga – How to access the chakra system and koshas, and how to slow the thought waves of the mind via meditation and mindfulness techniques
Spring/Summer 2013 200 Hour Training at Peace through Yoga
April 9, 2013- September 17, 2013 (Classes are every Tuesday evening from 5:30-9:30 at our beautfiful Eagle Creek studio!)
Spring ’13 Open House Flyer~ Interested? We urge you to attend an informational meeting Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 2:30 p.m, at Peace through Yoga’s Eagle Creek studio. Click here for a printable flyer.
YTT7-Syllabus-2013~ Please take a look at the YTT Syllabus, lots of great information (including cost).
PTY YTT Application- Final ~ All potential students must complete a written application.
Summer 2013 200 Hour Training at Butler University:
Peace through Yoga partners with Butler University to offer yoga teacher training in Indianapolis. 200 hour (Yoga Alliance accredited) training will be June 3-27 with classes Monday through Saturday. Students can also obtain an optional three hours of college credit. Registration for this class will be handled through Butler University.
Peace Through Yoga 500 hour Yoga Teacher Training “The He(art) of Yoga”
The Conversation Continues…
When you work with your hands, you’re a laborer;
When you work with your hands and your head, you’re a craftsman;
When you work with your hands, head and heart, you’re an artist.” – St. Thomas Aquinas
This training will meet and exceed the guidelines set forth by Yoga Alliance to build on material and concepts developed at the 200 hour Teacher Training level as we explore the art of yoga. We will be providing you with the additional 300 hours of training, mentoring, and experience that is required to graduate as a RYT 500.
Along with becoming a more skillful yoga teacher, it is important to embody this work, so committing to your own daily practice will be a big part of this training experience – think of this as a 6 month intensive into your own practice. In order to cultivate your teaching skills, it is crucial that you deepen your own practice and relationship with yoga on all levels, as teaching from your own experience and your own insights is what creates the energy that allows for healing and transformation.
In addition to reviewing the foundations and skills learned in the basic teacher training, we will delve deeper into:
- Yoga philosophy and its practical applications for your daily life and teaching
- Creating classes and workshops
- Creating classes for special populations
- Finding your own unique voice, vision, and calling as a teacher
- Advanced asana and pranayama techniques and methodologies
- Energy anatomy and its applications
- Ayurveda, nutrition, and much, much more!
2013 500 Hour Training at Peace through Yoga
Training dates and times:
- May 15th through November 20th
- Each Wednesday evening from 5:30 to 10:00.
- 6 weekend intensives scheduled for the second weekend of each month, beginning in June. Saturday and Sunday from 8:30am – 4:30pm
- YTT 200 hour training completed
- Minimum of 6 months teaching experience
- $2,950, plus books and materials (to be determined)
- $2,750 if paid in full at the start of training
- $500 is due upon registering, $1000 May 1, $1000 June 1, $950 July 1
- If alternative payment schedule is necessary, please contact Peace through Yoga
Class size is limited, so early registration is strongly encouraged
Teacher Training Class Pictures!
Yoga Teacher Training Class 4 Graduation Slideshow